For patients looking to remove targeted areas of stubborn fat, liposuction has long been the go-to procedure. Tumescent liposuction is the most common and advanced form of this procedure, offering a safer and more effective alternative to traditional liposuction.
In this procedure, a solution containing local anesthetic and epinephrine is injected into the targeted areas of fat, causing this tissue to become firm and swollen. This gives the surgeon greater control over the procedure, allowing them to more accurately contour the affected area. Additionally, this injection temporarily shrinks blood vessels, reducing blood loss along with swelling and bruising. If you’re ready to learn more about tumescent liposuction, take a look at some of the many benefits it can provide.
5 Benefits of Tumescent Liposuction
- Safer than traditional liposuction. The tumescent liposuction procedure both minimizes blood loss and eliminates the risks associated with general anesthesia, making it a safer alternative to traditional or older liposuction techniques.
- Offers improved cosmetic results. Since fat is firmed and expanded prior to its removal, surgeons have a greater level of control when contouring the affected area. As patients are awake for this procedure, the surgeon can have them change positions to help improve fat sculpting.
- Short recovery period. While it may take anywhere from 3-6 months to see the full results of this procedure, patients are typically able to return to work and other routine activities after just a few days.
- Removes fat that hasn’t responded to diet or exercise. Many patients who are otherwise healthy struggle with areas of stubborn body fat. Tumescent liposuction works to combat that fat, allowing patients to achieve a more ideal and appealing contour.
- Little discomfort involved. The tumescent technique works to reduce patient discomfort both during and after the procedure. While some bruising and swelling may appear following this procedure, it’s typically mild and will subside after a few days.
Interested In Learning More About Tumescent Liposuction? Contact Dr. Balle Today.
For more information on tumescent liposuction or any of the procedures we offer, contact us today to schedule an appointment. Our offices are located in Grosse Pointe, and we can be reached at 313-886-2600. We hope to hear from you soon.