There’s no denying the magic of Botox®. Millions of patients have experienced the look of just getting back from a relaxing vacation after visiting their dermatologist. It has been proven to work miracles as a wrinkle reducer, brow lifter, and more. New uses are being discovered every day, and it’s now also effective for treating migraines and even excessive sweating!
Finding an experienced and skilled injector for Botox in Sterling Heights is key to a great outcome. In most cities, there are numerous choices for Botox injections, with many offering special “deals” for new clients. How do people know where to go? Most importantly, patients should look for an experienced dermatologist who has expertise with facial rejuvenation. Internet searches, recommendations from friends and family, and online reviews are all great ways to find the right injector.
Botox Improve All Aspects of Life
Looking angry causes others to react with concern or displeasure and is one of the reasons patients choose to have Botox injected in their mid-forehead region, known as the glabellar muscles or “elevens.” The smoothing effect gives the impression of a calm and pleasant demeanor. Look interested and awake at work. Eyes are the center of the soul, and Botox can help lift the forehead and eyebrows to give a more wide-awake appearance.
For Botox Newbies
Patients who are considering Botox for the first time can rest assured that they are getting a tried and true method for virtually erasing moderate to deep frown lines in the forehead, crow’s feet, and more. It is FDA-approved for safety and takes just five to ten minutes to administer. Best of all, there’s no downtime after the treatment. It has been proven effective by millions of patients over the last three decades. Most patients find that if they maintain their Botox every three to four months, the effects will gradually last longer and longer.
The doctor will complete a medical background and assess the patient’s desires. They will then come up with a plan to address wrinkles, clean the area, and quickly inject Botox into the area. According to the Mayo Clinic, patients are advised not to rub or massage the treated areas for twenty-four hours. This may help prevent the toxin from spreading to a different area.
When to Start?
Botox is becoming more and more popular among young people wanting to prevent lines from forming in the first place. While it’s FDA-approved for adults aged eighteen and up, most dermatologists don’t recommend beginning until the mid-twenties at the earliest. Each patient is different, and the doctor will fully evaluate the necessity and appropriateness of Botox as a preventative measure. For some patients with smoker’s lines and the beginnings of crow’s feet, Botox may be very effective at treating and preventing existing wrinkles even at a younger age.
The glabellar frown lines between the eyebrows are a great example and are being targeted by many young people. Dermatologists are seeing an increase in younger patients who want to share in the magic.
Tips to Make Botox Last Longer
In order to ensure that Botox lasts as long as possible, it’s important to follow simple skincare guidelines. Below are some tips that dermatologists recommend.
- Overall facial skincare: Moisturizing each morning and evening with a high-quality cream will help keep skin at its best. Clients should also be sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, both before Botox treatment and every day.
- Stop smoking: Clients who smoke should know that smoking ages the skin and causes lines around the mouth.
- Avoid sun exposure: Always wear sunscreen on the face, neck, and hands every day. Maintain results by using a broad-spectrum sunscreen, and avoid the outdoors during peak UV hours.
- Zinc supplements:Some studies have shown that the effects of Botox are linked to zinc levels within the body. Regularly taking a zinc supplement after a Botox treatment might help to prolong the anti-aging effects.
- Stress reduction: Reducing stress is critical to maintaining optimum health and may also help patients extend the life of their Botox treatments. The less frowning, the better.
- Ongoing maintenance treatments: One of the best ways to extend the life of results is to plan a maintenance treatment program with an experienced injector. Schedule appointments before results wear off. Regularly scheduled Botox treatments are important because they have been shown to “train” muscles to respond for longer time periods.
Who Is the Best Candidate for Botox?
The best candidate for a Botox treatment is a healthy adult who is interested in softening – not totally changing – their facial appearance. Botox is well-tolerated by the vast majority of people, but there are some contraindications for its use. If someone is hypersensitive to botulinum toxin, they should not get Botox treatments.
Botox Injections in Sterling Heights
Patients interested in Botox for wrinkle reduction have many great options, and they can find experienced injectors at their dermatologist’s office in Sterling Heights. In just a few minutes, they can experience the magic of Botox and see a new, wrinkle-free face in the mirror. Without causing a major disruption in their schedule or their overall look, they can avoid looking their age, no matter what it is. The only regret most patients have is not starting sooner.