A Brief Introduction to the Nordlys Laser
The Nordlys laser is considered one of the most versatile and efficient laser systems on the market today. It is highly prized in dermatology, and those seeking treatment from a Sterling Heights dermatology clinic may be presented with the option of a Nordlys-performed procedure.
Nordlys, created by Ellipse, is a versatile dermatological platform that treats vascular and pigmented areas of the skin, and it can perform hair removal.
What Treatments Can the Nordlys Perform?
Sterling Heights dermatology clinics using this versatile new laser will have a few treatment options available to patients, including:
- Hair Removal: The system removes hair in multiple areas and puts an end to the slow and painful traditional hair removing processes.
- Vascular Lesions:The laser removes lesions that include Hemangiomas and Port Wine Stains.
- Pigmented Lesions:Pigmented lesions on the skin, including epidermal lesions, are eliminated quickly.
- Photo Rejuvenation:Age spots, redness, uneven skin tone and telangiectasia are removed.
- Acne Vulgaris:The laser is also designed to treat acne without the need for antibiotics.
- PDT-Enhanced Treatments:Those with fine lines, wrinkles, acne, or keratosis have a new effective treatment option with Nordlys.
- Leg Veins:Leg veins and other vascular lesions are cleared efficiently.
How Does the Laser Work?
The new laser includes a variety of technological advancements to offer a range of treatments providing patients with multiple treatment options.
A few features that come with this piece of technology include:
- Quick Pulses: Sterling Heights dermatology clinic can now treat lesions that were not possible to address in the past. They can use the sub-millisecond pulses, which treat everything from residual stains to lesions of the skin.
- Selective Wavebands and Applicators:To treat even more conditions, this laser offers multiple applicators and up to eight different selective wavebands so that dermatologists can utilize up to 17 treatments in a single machine.
- Operator-Friendly: It has a remarkably silent operating system during and between treatments so that the treatment room is always calm. Also, the Nordlys is flexible and has a touchscreen that allows the user to input the treatment parameters and start.
- Intelligent Software:What sets this new laser apart from the rest is how it is very smart. It automatically adjusts the spot sizes, pulse lengths, and energy levels to ensure safe but effective treatments every time it is used.
- Astonishing Results:One reason patients enjoy the laser is that it offers the best results on the market. Dermatologists can treat skin lesions and other issues that they were not able to adequately manage in the past – setting them apart from other clinics in the area.
Those interested in a laser treatment must first speak with a dermatologist in their area to see if their skin condition qualifies.